HOW QR TAG WORKS FOR PET OWNER:
In the event one loses a pet, the person who finds the lost pet would most likely be outdoors and using their cellular and location service. However, sometimes the location services are not shared. Most importantly, the person that finds your pet will see owner contact info you've provided and they'll be able to contact you in order to return your pet safely. You will be receiving an INSTANT EMAIL ALERT as you are aware someone accessed your Pet's QR tag and await on standby to hear of your lost pet. In most cases, the finder will also contact Pet Dwelling and your Vet for assistance. Just in 2021, Pet Dwelling support team helped over 95 lost pets reunite with their owner. So it is crucial for members to fill out their pet profile.
HOW TO CREATE MULTIPLE PROFILES:
1. To create first pet profile, create account.
2. Click on the ‘Pets’ tab from the top menu to log out to add another profile.
3. Create another account using a different username but the same email address. Repeat to add more profiles.
4. After you create all the accounts, click on the ‘Pets’ tab to view all your pets.
HOW TO EDIT PROFILE:
To editing the profile. First, log in to your account. Then, go to your pet's profile by tapping on your pet's picture from the top menu. You can edit the profile picture, name, "About Me" section or any other sections by tapping on it. The edit (pencil) icon will appear for you to make changes. Tap on it and you will be able to edit the section. To save the information, simply tap anywhere else on the page.
HOW TO ACTIVATE TAG AND SCAN WITH YOUR PHONE (iOS, ANDROID):
From your computer:
1. Log in to your account and go into your pet’s profile by clicking on the profile picture.
2. Click on “Activate New Tag” on the upper right of the profile page.
3. Enter the codes found on the tag and click “Activate”. The tag is now activated.
4. To activate for another pet, switch to another pet profile by clicking on that pet’s picture from the ‘Pets’ tab. Repeat Step 2 & 3 for more.
By scanning with QR code app on smartphone/tablet:
1. Scan the QR code on the QR Tag to get to the activation page.
2. Enter the activation code for the assigned pet and click activate. If you’re not logged in, click activate for your existing account and log in to the assigned pet’s profile. Tag will be activated for that pet.
3. To activate for another pet, log out and repeat Step 1 & 2.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR SCAN LOCATION:
Regardless of whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone, once you’ve pointed your phone’s camera at the QR code, you should see a notification asking if you want to go to the website where the QR code is pointing. Tap on it to open the link and go where the QR code wants to send you.
FOR THE MOST ACCURATE SCANNED LOCATION, YOU MUST DO FOLLOWING:
1. Turn on your "Location Service", "Share My Location".
2. "Share your Location" with Google, Google Maps, Google Geolocation, Pet Dwelling.
3. Enable your "Precise Location" for your Camera, Google, Google Maps, your default browser(Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, Samsung) that in your phone location setting.
Starting with iOS 11, the Camera app can also scan QR codes, and, in our opinion, it provides the most inaccurate location due to the privacy laws.
If the location function doesn’t work on your phone's Camera app, then you can download one of these QR code scanning apps.
Android app: Kaspersky QR Scanner
IOS app: QR Code Reader & QR Scanner (by MixerBox)
Android & iOS: NeoReader QR & Barcode Scanner. QR Code Reader ϟ/QR Reader for Android (by Tap media)
Note: Free versions normally will contain ads. Make sure you don't mistakenly subscribe to a paid scanning App.